When it comes to owning a firearm, there many rules you must follow for your own safety. At Accurate Edge, we teach you how to properly handle a firearm, below are important rules every firearm owner should follow.
- Know your target and what is beyond! It’s incredibly important that you have identified your target and beyond any doubt. Also be very aware of the area your target is in, and never fire in a direction where people are.
- Know how to handle the firearm safely. We offer the best firearm training in Jacksonville, and can make sure you know the basics when properly handling a firearm.
- Always make sure your gun is in working order before firing. Regular cleaning and proper storage are very important for the health of your firearm.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- Wear proper ear and eye protection when firing a gun at the range.
- Much like driving, never use alcohol or drugs while shooting. It is very important that you are not impaired to any capacity when handling a firearm.
- Always keep guns in a safe place where they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.
- Regular cleaning is very important in order for your gun to operate safely and correctly. Proper care not only extends the life of your firearm, but can also ensure your own safety.
People have varying opinions on beliefs when it comes to owning a firearm, but there are numerous benefits to owning a firearm. Of course, it’s important that you take the time to learn how to properly handle and own a firearm before purchasing one. What are some of the reasons that you should consider owning a firearm and enroll in our Florida firearms training courses?
- Bad things happen! Of course you can depend on calling 911, but when seconds count and you’re in dire need of self-defense, you’ll be glad that you own a firearm.
- Guns stop burglars! Last year, it was estimated that Americans used guns more than 498,000 times to frighten away intruders who were attempting to break into their homes.
- It is a constitutional right to own a firearm!
- Shooting is a fine sport that can help sharpen your eye-hand coordination and also help you find a new hobby and passion.
- Nearly fifty percent of households in the U.S. own a firearm, so you won’t be alone.
- Guns in the home are safe, when gun owners learn and know how to keep guns responsibly.
- It is up to you to protect yourself and your family. Self-defense is much more honorable than being a victim.
Owning a gun for self-defense is comparable to having insurance. You don’t really count on your house burning in a fire, but the possibility still exists. You also probably never think you’ll need a firearm to protect yourself from an armed robber, but the possibility exists, and it’s better to be prepared and protected than not.