Most often and incorrectly known as Florida Concealed Weapon Permits, a Concealed Weapons License in Florida can easily be obtained if you meet the mandatory requirements. CWFLs are easier to earn with proven firearm training, but there are other requirements that are very important:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must be able to demonstrate competency with a firearm, which can be done by enrolling in firearms training at Accurate Edge.
- Unless you are serving overseas in the United State Armed Forces, you must reside in the United States.
Applicants may be denied for their CWFL for the following reasons:
- Physical inability that prevents the safe handling of a firearm.
- A felony conviction.
- A record of drug or alcohol abuse.
- A conviction for violation of controlled substance laws.
- Failure to provide proof of proficiency with a firearm.
- Being a fugitive from justice.
It is important to also mention that you may not need to take a course in order to get a license, but you must be able to present special documentation. If you want to learn more about obtaining your CWFL, consider enrolling in a course with Accurate Edge, or learning more at Accurate-Edge.com. Contact us for more information and questions regarding our classes.