No matter where you happen to live, the world can be a dangerous place. Although it is unlikely that you will be in danger, emergencies can occur at any time. If you suddenly find yourself caught in a life-or-death situation, it pays to be prepared. With this in mind, certain Floridians can benefit from applying for a concealed weapon permit. As the adage goes, “Better to have it and not need than need it and not have it.”
The foremost reason to apply for a concealed weapon permit in Florida is safety. This is particularly important for people who live in bad neighborhoods or areas that are rife with violent crime. Armed with the aforementioned permit, you’ll no longer have to navigate questionable areas without a means of self-defense.
Chances are you’ll never find yourself caught in the middle of a mass shooting. However, with gun violence steadily on the uptick, wanting to plan for such a contingency is perfectly understandable. A concealed weapon ensures that you’ll be able to defend yourself — and possibly others — in a mass shooting situation.
Peace of Mind
Sometimes, worrying about something can ultimately cause you more stress than the thing you’re worrying about. If the myriad of mass shootings that have taken place over the last few years has left you shaken, obtaining a concealed weapon permit can put your mind at ease and ensure that you don’t expend any more brain power worrying about unlikely scenarios.
There are a number of reasons to obtain a concealed weapon permit in Florida — safety, emergency planning, and consistent peace of mind, to name a few. Provided you’ve had the proper training and studied under a skilled instructor, being approved for this permit shouldn’t prove difficult for Sunshine State residents.
It’s no big secret that signing up for an in-depth firearm safety and tactical course in Florida will make great improvements to your understanding of firearms as well as firearm handling skills. However, there are many other reasons for signing up for a firearms course with Accurate-Edge!
- The owner of Accurate-Edge has well over 23 years of firearm instructing experience, as well as experience with handling firearms.
- Accurate-Edge offers flexible scheduling as well as weekday classes. We make it even easier for you to find the time to take a firearms course.
- We even offer non-firearm personal safety training!
- Owner is a Florida D and G Licensed Security Force Member.
- We offer on-location firearms training in Florida with our portable live fire range.
- Our owner is a retired Navy Auxiliary Security Force Member.
If you’re ready to increase your personal safety, and learn how to properly own and handle a firearm in Jacksonville, Florida, there is no better choice than Accurate-Edge. Our Florida firearm training is world-class, and we aim to teach you the skills you need to greatly improve your personal protection and properly own and operate a firearm. Contact us for more information today! Since 2005, our team has provided Florida’s best basic and instructor-level firearms and tactical training courses.
Most often and incorrectly known as Florida Concealed Weapon Permits, a Concealed Weapons License in Florida can easily be obtained if you meet the mandatory requirements. CWFLs are easier to earn with proven firearm training, but there are other requirements that are very important:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must be able to demonstrate competency with a firearm, which can be done by enrolling in firearms training at Accurate Edge.
- Unless you are serving overseas in the United State Armed Forces, you must reside in the United States.
Applicants may be denied for their CWFL for the following reasons:
- Physical inability that prevents the safe handling of a firearm.
- A felony conviction.
- A record of drug or alcohol abuse.
- A conviction for violation of controlled substance laws.
- Failure to provide proof of proficiency with a firearm.
- Being a fugitive from justice.
It is important to also mention that you may not need to take a course in order to get a license, but you must be able to present special documentation. If you want to learn more about obtaining your CWFL, consider enrolling in a course with Accurate Edge, or learning more at Accurate-Edge.com. Contact us for more information and questions regarding our classes.