So you’re hoping to get your Florida Concealed Weapon or Fire Arm License, but what do you need to know? At Accurate-Edge, we always stress the importance and need for continuing firearm training and education to help make you a safe and accurate shot! However, you may not need a beginners course to qualify for a Florida firearms license, if you meet the requirements below it’s probably best you enroll in one of our “next level” or intermediate firearm courses to build your knowledge and skill level!
If you demonstrate competence with a firearm by any of the following, you do not need to enroll in a beginner’s class to receive your Florida firearms license:
- Taken and completed a hunter education and safety course by a Fish and Wildlife Commission.
- Completed a firearms training or safety course by a state-certified or NRA firearms trainer.
- Have completed military service.
- Completed any law enforcement firearm safety or training courses.
- Completion of any NRA firearms safety and training course.
- Completed any type of safety or training course available to the public offered by a higher education institution or proper training equivalent.
If you meet any of the requirements above, we suggest looking at the many courses we offer to help you better hone your skills. Knowledge is never over, and at Accurate-Edge, we want to help you continue to learn and grow as a passionate firearms enthusiast.