When it comes to owning a firearm, there many rules you must follow for your own safety. At Accurate Edge, we teach you how to properly handle a firearm, below are important rules every firearm owner should follow.
- Know your target and what is beyond! It’s incredibly important that you have identified your target and beyond any doubt. Also be very aware of the area your target is in, and never fire in a direction where people are.
- Know how to handle the firearm safely. We offer the best firearm training in Jacksonville, and can make sure you know the basics when properly handling a firearm.
- Always make sure your gun is in working order before firing. Regular cleaning and proper storage are very important for the health of your firearm.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- Wear proper ear and eye protection when firing a gun at the range.
- Much like driving, never use alcohol or drugs while shooting. It is very important that you are not impaired to any capacity when handling a firearm.
- Always keep guns in a safe place where they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.
- Regular cleaning is very important in order for your gun to operate safely and correctly. Proper care not only extends the life of your firearm, but can also ensure your own safety.